Thursday, March 10, 2011

New Maternity Dress

New maternity dress with some monkeys in the background. 

These days I (Julie) am feeling a little slower than normal. (Note: that was an understatement :) I am due to have baby Amora around April 22nd and, I must say, she is getting heavy. All complaining aside, I had a yearning for a new dress. It is a bit late to invest money in a new garment and I have fabric all over my studio, so I decided to make a dress. It was loosely based, in the arms and neck placement, on a  dress that fits. I then put some elastic in the empire waist and pinned and tucked and built it to fit. I will take it in and make it a tunic length shirt for nursing when the time comes. I am pleased with this dress, it is comfy (priority number 1 some days-- number 2 some days, sometimes fashion does take precedence.)

If you are not hypnotized by the close up of the fabric, note the hand stitching around the neck...

The back of the dress, full on back shot was a
 bit too much. Angle to the camera is much
 more flattering now! 

1 comment:

  1. You always make the BEST clothes! Absolutely free-spirited. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete