Wednesday, May 12, 2010

2010 Nashville Symphony in Shelbyville, TN


Eppie and I decided there might be a bit of confusion for the people who read our posts. 
We never directly say who is writing what. So I (Julie) will preface my post titles with: TN. 
That way you will know it is me and you will know when it is Eppie. 

Now, on to the symphony last night. It was absolutely the best year for art in which I have ever been involved. The artists were all so talented and friendly. My favorite part of any group show is meeting the other artists. 

The symphony's music was terrific and the conductor was nothing short of spunky. 
His movements were so energetic and beautiful. They really had the attention of the crowd.


I was lucky enough to be able to walk right in and hang our work thanks to my friend Judy, 
who let us use her handy wire screens.


There were watercolorists, mixed media artists, sculptors, draftsmen, fiber artists and jewelry artists. Wartrace, TN (where I live) is becoming quite the artsy little town, there were three of us representing the Arts there. All in all it was a very, very nice show. It's always good to see old friends and make new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment