Monday, May 10, 2010

Jersey Fabric


 
 I have to say this:


I love Natalie Chanin. I love her clothing. I love her design. I love that she takes unassuming jersey fabric and creates lavish couture out of it. Is there such a thing as an 'Art crush'? All gushing and joking aside, she has inspired me to play around with cotton jersey. I am far too into originality to do anything that smacks of her style, though. So I thought long and hard about what I could do with this fabric that would be (hopefully) as interesting as what she does. So, I turned to my old friend paint. Natural dye, this is not, but it is vibrant and interesting and will last, but mellow, with age. It is one of my favorite colorants. And jersey is becoming some of my favorite fabric. Thank you, Natalie, for being an inspiration!



Just threw in this photo of Dorian popping off my presser foot 'cause I thought he looked cute as I was snapping photos.
Cute and mischievous


.

No comments:

Post a Comment