Friday, May 6, 2011

Easy To-Do: Light Layers to Wrap Spring Babies

Amora's Jersey Blankie
I used a soft cotton jersey sheet set in fuchsia that I found on sale at Target. To create the blankie, I cut, from the top sheet, two squares of the same size. I then sewed the two pieces together, with the sewing machine and hand stitches, to make two layers. To add a bit more dimension, I cut in reverse appliqué shapes and hand stitched around them.


I really like the look of different colors of embroidery thread on the hot pink color, they really pop.



The versatility of this type of blanket is really worth making a few in different colors or patterns. Another plus is this blanket is very washable, making it the perfect baby accoutrement. 
 
Amora seemed to tire of her role as baby model. 


No comments:

Post a Comment